Are you planning for a trip? You can visit Cabo San Lucas. It is located on the southern end of Baja California. This is one of the best tourist destinations not just in Mexico but also across the world. Apart from being one of the continuously and oldest inhabited parts of the world, the city has many local and international tourists.
In case you are traveling from Los Angeles and planning for a road trip, there are certain things that you need to know.
Why drive from LA to Los Cabos?
Driving to Cabo is recommended since it has amazing scenery all along the way. You will be absolutely mesmerized by what the nature has to offer. However, it is better to drive when there is daylight. Stay away from the night or dusk as it becomes difficult to watch out the animals like goats, cows, and horses. Moreover, in the dark, you might also miss out on the falling rocks. During the drive you can stop at various locations and take photos, particularly of the dessert.
Distance from Los Angeles to Cabo San Lucas
When you plan for your road trip, one of the most important that you need to know is the distance.
The non-stop driving distance between Los Angeles and Cabo San Lucas is 1150 miles or 1851 km. It will take you around 22 hours to travel this distance without making any stops. This is going to be a really long drive!
However, if you want to rest along the way and enjoy your road trip to the fullest then it will take you around 3 days to reach Cabo San Lucas. This way you will be able enjoy interesting stops, eat at some good restaurants along the way, and look for a hotel to spend the night. You will be able to spread out the fun of the road over number of days.
Tips to Follow Before the Road Trip
For the Los Angeles to Cabo San Lucas road trip, there are certain tips that you need to follow.
- Make sure that you clean the car before taking the road trip. If you do not and leave old gum wrappers and napkins under the seat, a few days into the trip you will find old food wrappers joining the new ones.
- A week before leaving for the road trip, get a mechanic to check the car. Ask him to check the brakes, fluid levels, and tires. Get to know if something might cause problems along the trip.
- Delay is something that you can count on when driving long distances. Hence, it is better to have no plan at all. This way you can accommodate anything that comes your way.
- In case you are grinding out long miles on the road trip, you might come across a wrong place at the wrong time. Thus, you need to anticipate the travel spots.
- There are some people who are good with navigation and there are others who cannot even read the map. Get to know who is good at what and thereafter, divide the task among the travel companions and make sure that you have a GPS with you!
Once you reach Cabo San Lucas, you are going to have an amazing time. The white sandy beaches will take your breath away.